Here is another really easy fish recipe for y’all. Before I get to the recipe I have to mention that we got these filets from The Healthy Butcher and Fully Primal-Husband and I both said these were the best pieces of salmon we’ve ever had. It made me realize that I’ve been eating crappy salmon in the past. Quality does matter kids! I’ve got a mini-herb garden in my yard, so I wanted to use some of the basil that I have growing. It goes really well with the capers and adds a lot of flavour to the fish. On a side note, I’ve discovered that green beans and coconut oil are heaven. I HIGHLY recommend this combo. Simply steam or blanch the beans, then mix in some coconut oil. It might smell a bit nostalgic (if you’re a child of the 70’s/80’s) because they used to use coconut oil in the movie theatre popcorn back in the day…whenever I mix it with the beans, it has the exact same scent and brings me back to days of 2$ tuesday + the latest Michael J Fox movie.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 2 salmon filets (skin-on is fine)
– about 8 basil leaves – chopped
– 1 Tbsp capers – chopped
– 1 shalot – chopped
– 2 Tbsp olive oil (1 for the pan, 1 for the topping)
– 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
– fresh ground pepper
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add the salmon and let it cook skin-side down first for about 3 min. Then flip and cook for 3 more min or until desired well-ness is achieved.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine the other ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
- Serve the fish with the topping on top.
Fully Primal Husband gave the following testimonial, “This topping is excellent. Really good flavours. You did a good job on the topping Summer.”