My name is Summer and I am 32 years old, working and living in Toronto. I am a primal girl that is a Crossfitter and paleo enthusiast. Even though my fitness and nutrition is on the primal side, I still love my Venti Americano’s, Michael Kors bags, skinny jeans, Lululemon’s, and a good girl’s night out. I have a big dream to change the way that people think and engage in nutrition and fitness. My goal with this site is to inspire other urban-dwellers to live primal by trying new recipes, pushing your fitness to new levels and learning more about the Primal lifestyle – with an aire of sophistication.
Here is are a few facts about me:
- I am married to an amazing husband and we have 2 of the best dogs in the world. A bulldog and a pug.
- I have been a member of Crossfit for 5 years and am now a coach at Quantum CrossFit. Prior to this, I thought that 45 minutes on the eliptical and a half hour in the circuit made me ‘fit’. I was dead wrong.
- I have been eating a paleo diet for the past 4 years and have seen significant improvements in my body composition, performance, health and well-being. Experimenting with Paleo recipes is therapeutic for me.
- I am surrounded by incredible family and friends who are supporting me on this journey to inspire others. I love you all.
- Through my childhood and teen years I was “the fat kid in gym class” and dreaded the annual 1km run. I came in dead last every year and phys-ed was my worst subject. Now i can easily do numerous pull-ups, push-ups and throw heavy weights over my head – I NEVER thought i could be this fit. Insert cliche: If i can do it, anyone can.
- My mother has Italian heritage so I grew up loving pasta and eating as much as possible while getting praise for finishing the second giant helping of spaghetti (“Now do you want some fruit salad?!?!?”). Cutting the devil (gluten and sugar) from my diet was not easy, but I did it and i will never go back.
- I am not perfect. I still indulge in the odd glass of Champagne, Cabernet, my mother-in-law’s amazing homemade desserts, spending an entire weekend on the couch watching PVR’d episodes of the original 90210 and a trip to Burger Shack. It’s all about balance.