I want to get my Haute clients a small gift for the holidays…I am so proud of their dedication through the holiday season thus far…managing the extra stress, exposure to numerous bake sales and attending parties without straying from their plans. If any of my clients are reading this, I suppose I am ruining your surprise. sorry! Anyways, I was driving in my car today thinking about various gift ideas and my mind became flooded with various CPG-ish gifts that would go on MY wish list. Balanced Bites did a great post on holiday gift ideas for Paleo enthusiasts….I ‘second’ many of her suggestions (especially the dehydrator!), so will not repeat them. Here are my recommendations:
For Haute chicks
- From 70′s big - “I ‘heart’ guys that are 70′d big” tee. Need I say more? This is amazing. Let’s promote our love of gorilla-juice head biceps without promoting the guido side of it. And it’s a v-neck making it extra cute.
- From Whole9 - “I should be in the kitchen” tank. I would prefer if this said, “I should be barefoot in the kitchen,” but I like it nonetheless. Women do belong in the kitchen…..cracking the whip while their man makes them bacon and eggs.
- ANYTHING FROM LULULEMON. I repeat ANYTHING FROM LULULEMON. Boys, you cannot go wrong here….make any woman happy with some lulu’s.
- Pendlay Barbell kicks – aka Weight lifting shoes with pink stripes. Nothing says sexy like a chick lifting some big weights whilst rocking pink.
- Ex-Boyfriend Knife Set - great gift for single girls or generally cool people. If you bring a guy home and he sees this on your counter, he will know that you don’t take crap from men. This is good.
Gifts for your Fully Primal Husband or Cool Chicks
- Steak, by Mark Schatzker – Fully Primal Husband loved this book and now knows everything there is to know about steak and cattle farming. This made our trip to an Argentinian Steak House in NYC much more interesting.
- Butchering Classes – Let your man learn how to butcher an animal like a butcher. I recommend these from The Healthy Butcher – Last year, we took the chicken butchery class and it was awesome. You learn every possible way to cut up a chicken and everything about the farming. For people who are not keen on seeing a whole animal get cut apart, I would recommend the sausage making class…I really want to go to this one so that I can re-create the scene in Seinfeld where Kramer is making sausages.
- Meat – Order your man some grass-fed beef, like from Beretta Farms – they flash freeze the meat to maintain all the nutrients and they have the BEST 100% grass-fed Filet Mignon I have ever had in my life.
- Custom Kicks – Design a pair of custom Chuck Taylors. This one might be too late for this season, but you could always give it as a belated gift.
- Breaking Bad Seasons 1 & 2 – I know a TV show is a bit random in this post, but this is one of the best series I have ever watched….if you like dark, violent and twisted shows. Yes, I do. FPH and I blazed through seasons 1 & 2 over the course of a couple weeks. Everyone needs a rest day and this is a great way to spend it.
1. Nutrasea Fish Oil – When I attended the Element Crossfit Challenge back in June I became really excited when I saw that one of the prizes was fish oil. This stuff is not cheap, but it is a necessity that I will not go without (like getting my hair ‘blondified’ every 6 weeks). I would be thrilled if this showed up in my stocking!
2. Avocado Slicer – This is not something you would think to buy for yourself, but comes in handy if you are like me and consume numerous avocado’s every week. Check your local kitchen store.
3. Aquaovo Thermo- My new favourite portable tea/coffee container that I bought at David’s Tea. It is glass, so free of any chemicals. It keeps things really hot or cold and has a filter so you can add tea leaves straight into the thermos without a bag.
4. Kicking Horse Coffee – my favourite coffee beans. Kicking Horse coffee is the best. I was thrilled to learn that their decaf blend (which I am on now) is not chemically treated like most decaf beans. They use a Mountain Water Process to remove the caffeine. The Kick Ass dark is our favourite blend.
5. Galerie Au Chocolate dark chocolate. Some of the best dark chocolate I have had. The Espresso Dark bar is delicious. Everyone deserves a treat and it needs to be a good one. This fits the bill. Yum.
That’s all for this post! Happy shopping!!