Once you shove a can of beer up a chicken’s butt you will never go back…I mean, you will never handle a chicken the traditional way or “missionary style” again. This recipe made the most AMAZING chicken I’ve ever had….it was equivalent to eating a succulent steak or plate of ribs. It tasted so indulgent, yet it is just plain old chicken. It also looks really cool, so that makes the whole experience fun. Fully Primal Husband took the reins and did this entire recipe without me. He cooked it on the BBQ as that is his domain, so all I needed to do was eat the final creation. This recipe was so easy and takes no longer than a normal roasted chicken. You can do it on the BBQ or in the oven.
- Spark up the BBQ to 350 on either the Right or Left side only (the bird will be cooked on the opposite side on indirect heat). If you are doing this in the oven, pre-heat to 375.
- Pour oil on chicken and then cover it in spice mix. Rub it thoroughly to make sure every inch is covered.
- Open beer can and empty out half – or drink it (if it won’t kill you)!!
- Sit the chicken on top of the beer can – grab it by the legs and sit it down over the beer can so that the can goes into the chicken’s rear and up the cavity. The legs should touch the ground….like a tripod
- Transfer to the non-heated side of the BBQ and place it standing up like a tripod on the grate.
- Cook for about 1 hour or 1.5 hours….until internal temperature is 160. Then remove it from the heat and tent it for 10 minutes.