I made a green curry a few weeks ago using only green curry paste (Thai Kitchen brand) and coconut milk….I found it a bit bland, so decided to kick it up a notch by adding more fresh ingredients. The combination of the fresh Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and spice from the curry make this naturally sweet and spicy….and it’s super easy to make. Sweet, spicy and easy….just how I like my men;)
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 2 pieces of Cod or another white fish
– 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
– 1 stalk of lemongrass – cut into 1 inch chunks
– 3 Kaffir Lime leaves – roughly chopped – I found dried leaves in the ethnic section of my Whole Foods
– 1 Tbsp green curry paste
– 1 can of coconut milk
– Greens!!! Kale, Chard, Collard…whatever.
– 2 tsp of coconut oil (to cook the greens in)
- In a large skillet, heat coconut milk and curry paste. Stir around to blend curry paste and coconut milk
- Add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and ginger. Bring to a simmer.
- Add fish and turn heat to medium. Cover and let it simmer for about 7 minutes or until the fish is cooked (flakey).
- Meanwhile, in a large wok or skillet, heat coconut oil and add your greens. Saute until they are cooked.
- Serve the greens and top them with the fish and curry sauce (strain the lemongrass and lime leaves out!).