Having eggs for breakfast can get really redundant….like hearing the Situation say ‘we’ve got a situation.’ Or watching recent seasons of America’s Next Top Model. I needed something different! I’ll often have my jerk steak (I would link to this, but for some irritating reason the link function on WordPress is not working for me….grrrrr….check my recipe index as this one is a winner), leftover dinner or some roasted chicken, but they don’t taste like breakfast. I wanted to come up with something that actually tastes like breakfast. I give you, the Turkey-Blueberry Patty. I know, it sounds like a weird combo….but it is delicious and it is my new favourite breakfast. Here you go:
Ingredients (makes 8 patties)
– 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
– 1/2 pack of blueberries (about 3/4 Cup)
– 3 Sage leaves – finely chopped
– 3 Thyme sprigs – leaves finely chopped
– 2 shallots (or 1/4 onion) – finely chopped
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1 egg yolk
– 1 Tbsp of butter
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the butter. Mix together well with your hands and form 8 patties.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat butter. When it gets HOT, add the patties to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. They are done when you press down on the middle and it feels firm.
I had to ambush Fully Primal Husband to get him to try these as he is still stuck on the egg-train and I’ve been hogging these all to myself. He gave the following testimonial, “mmmm, good. What should I say? Gobbelicious? Sweet and Savoury? Ya, these are good.” He provides better testimonials when not under duress.