I could’ve named this post, “How to show paleo hater’s that real food can be amazing”… or “more delicious than Sawyer on Lost” or simply “drooooooolll”. This one is a winner! And it’s SO EASY! I dedicate this post to my fellow Spring Leaner’s – try this one out for yourself…just give credit to me when your significant other proposes immediately.
Another bonus: this roast was only $12. It’s naturally raised, local venison from The Healthy Butcher. And the piece I bought could feed 4 people – we just happened to devour it between the 2 of us and settled into a nice meat-coma afterwards.
Ingredients (serves 4 or 2 for a meat-coma)
– 1lb venison roast
– 5-10 slices of bacon depending on your bacon desire – naturally raised, nitrate free
– 1 leek – sliced
– 1 C broccoli florets
– 2-3 C cauliflower florets
– 5 garlic cloves
– fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a roasting pan lined with foil place the venison roast. Sprinkle all sides with fresh ground pepper.
- Wrap the bacon around the venison
- Spread the veggies and garlic around the venison
- Roast in the oven until the venison reaches an internal temp of 135 (ours took about 45 min). Remove immediately and tent with some foil. Let it ‘tent’ for 10 minutes. This will get it to a nice medium rare.
Semi-Primal Husband gave the following testimonial, “oh, this is so good. This is more like a weekend meal.” (we eat luxury on weekends)