This is a super easy rub that spices up your boring steak. I grilled up a big piece and ate it for breakfast all week…so yummy! You end up with a sweet taste, but there is no sugar as per a typical jerk rub.
Ingredients (makes about 10 strips):
– 1 Lb flank steak
-½ Tbsp of: onion powder, garlic powder, allspice, coriander.
-1 Tbsp thyme
-1 tsp of: nutmeg, cinnamon, chili powder, cayenne pepper
-3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1 Tbsp tamari (wheat-free soy)
-fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients except steak in a bowl and mix thoroughly
- Rub onto flank steak and marinate in a sealed bag in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
- Bring flank steak out of the fridge for 30 minutes before grilling
- Grill on high heat for 2-3 min per side (depending on thickness and how rare you want it. Recommended: Medium-Rare)
- Remove from grill – Tent the meat under foil and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Slice into thin pieces (slice against the grain of the meat) and serve.