The 2 main dishes for this Paleo Night were pretty heavy, so I wanted to include something lighter for an appetizer. This salad is very colourful and refreshing. It uses a Daikon radish (often called a Chinese radish), which is something I had never used before but will definitely use again in other salads.
Ingredients (serves 4)
– 1/4 C rice wine vinegar
– 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
– 1 Tbsp sesame oil
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 1/2 Tbsp minced ginger
– 1/3 red cabbage – shredded
– 1/3 Daikon radish – grated
– 1/2 carrot – grated
– 1/2 red pepper – thinly sliced
– 1/2 orange pepper – thinly sliced
– 1/2 C fresh chopped cilantro
- Prep veggies and combine in a large bowl.
- Prep dressing by mixing together ingredients.
- Pour onto veggies and mix.
This will keep in the fridge for a couple days so you can make a big batch and munch on it all week.