For those of you who were at the Crossfit Quantum open house a few weeks ago, you may have had some of this trail mix which was in the goodie bags. SPOILER ALERT: the best Semi-Primal Husband testimonial to date is for this recipe…read on:
Ingredients (makes 1 Cup of mix):
– 1 Cup of raw unsalted nuts – I used almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews and walnuts)
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 1/4 tsp each: cinnamon, cayenne pepper, chili powder, sea salt
– 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Slightly roast nuts on a lined baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, chili powder, sea salt and maple syrup
- Add semi-roasted nuts to spice mixture and mix until thoroughly coated
- Return nuts to baking sheet and roast for another 5-10 minutes (watch that they don’t burn). You may need to toss them around mid-roast.
Semi-Primal Husband grabbed a handful and gave the following testimonial (keep in mind that I was making 20 times the recipe for cfq open house so there was a HUGE pile of nuts): “Man, these are so good. I would not want to encounter this after a night of drinking…i’d eat the whole pile.”