Eat these in moderation! Although they are gluten-free/dairy-free, they still contain sugar and should not be part of your regular Paleo/Primal diet.
This is was a huge hit at Paleo Nights and it’s so easy to make. It tastes very similar to the inside of a Ferrero Rocher.
Ingredients (makes 6 small servings)
– 3 Tbsp hazelnut butter
– 1 1/2 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
– 1/4 Cup coconut milk
– 3 tsp raw cocoa powder
– 2 tsp 100% vanilla extract
– 3 eggs
– 6 hazelnuts – roughly ground or crushed
- In a small pot, heat hazelnut butter, coconut milk, raw cocoa, vanilla and honey. Stir together thoroughly.
- While this is heating, beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Once the hazelnut mixture starts to simmer, slowly (SLOWLY) add the eggs stirring constantly like a mad man.
- Continue stirring vigorously for about 2-3 minutes and then remove from the heat
- Pour into a bowl and pop it in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to serve, top it with some of the crushed hazelnuts
My friend and fellow Crossfitter Leah suggested that I try freezing this because it might end up like a gelato. I need to try this and will report back on whether it works.
My Semi-Primal Husband provided the following testimonial, “this tastes just like the inside of a Ferrero Rocher. Mmmmm”