Semi-Primal Husband doesn’t normally like Rapini because he finds the taste to be bitter. But he loves this rendition, providing the following testimonial, “I like this Rapini. The lemon cuts out the bitter taste.” Success!
Ingredients (serves 6)
– 2 bunches of Rapini – roughly chopped
– zest of 1 lemon
– juice of 1 lemon
– 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp chopped red chili’s
1. Fill a medium-large size pot 1/3 with water and bring it to a rolling boil.
2. Put the rapini in the boiling water and cook for about 2-3 minutes. It cooks quickly and you want it ‘al-dente’.
3. While the rapini is cooking, heat olive oil, garlic and red chili in a large pan
4. Once rapini is cooked, drain from the water and put in the pan. Saute for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Saute for another minute.