LONG TIME NO SPEAK!! I must apologize for my absence. Ever since my delightful Oprah post, I’ve been hitting the talk show scene taking interviews and being stalked by paparazzi. YA, riiiiight. Actually I’ve been super busy with school, work, the GET REAL challenge etc etc. All good things, but it means my meals have been pretty boring and I haven’t been experimenting much. That being said, I was so inspired by Snookie in a recent episode of Jersey Shore that I came up with this beauty….GTL Cauli-Rice. I made it with some coconut crusted Sole and it was so good. I think the Cauli-Rice would be better paired with some tandoori chicken or something, so this combo is a bit weird but tastes good nonetheless. The GTL name is for 2 reasons….1) It uses Ginger, Tumeric and Lemon Zest. 2) The colour is the same as Snookie after hitting the tanning salon. Aw, yeah! Here is the recipe:
Coconut Crusted Sole
- 2 Sole Filets
- 3 Tbsp of coconut flour
- ¼ Cup of shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower – ground up in a food processor to a rice like consistency
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger….”G”
- 1 tsp of Tumeric….”T”
- 1 tsp lemon zest….”L”
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Do the fish first…Setup your batter station: Put the coconut flour and coconut shreds on 2 separate plates. In a bowl, beat the egg.
2. Heat a non-stick pan with the coconut oil. Once the coconut oil is heated, you want to ‘batter’ the fish. Dip the fish in the coconut flour and roll it around to ensure that it’s lightly covered all over. Then dip it in the egg wash. Lastly, dip it in the coconut shreds turning it over to cover it all in coconut. Add it to the heated pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with next piece.
3. Once the fish is cooked, set aside and start on the cauli-rice
4. In a skillet, heat coconut oil. Once heated, add the turmeric, ginger, coriander and lemon zest. Mix it around very quickly and then throw the cauli-rice in. Mix it all together and add a dash of salt and pepper
5. Let it cook while sautee’ing constantly for about 4 minutes.
6. T-Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiirt TIIIIIIIMEEEE!!!!! Enjoy your “GTL Cauli-Rice” whilst watching the latest episode of Jersey Shore.
Fully Primal Husband (he’s baaaaack!!) gave the following testimonial for the fish, “This is SO GOOD! I could eat this everyday. It tastes so indulgent.” He didn’t have the GTL Cauli-Rice but I’m sure Pauly D would approve.